It is a priority to build a collaborative alliance to understand the client’s hopes in attending counselling and clarify therapeutic goals.
The client is offered:
- confidential and professional sessions in a safe and comfortable space.
- a non-judgemental environment to explore the client’s individual situation to gain insights and provide perspective
- therapeutic frameworks and tools that align with client goals and provide support, enrichment and empowerment
and may include providing specific strategies, approaches and homework tasks to build a “toolkit” to help meet the challenges of the situation and enable the client to flourish with a new sense of purpose and optimism.
- Relationship issues
- Couple counselling and enrichment
- Self esteem and confidence
- LGBTQI Identity
- Bullying and harassment
- Mental health
- Grief and loss
- Substance abuse
- Parenting and Step Parenting
- Family violence
- Addictive behaviours
- Children and issues they may be experiencing
- Work/life balance
- Work performance and career counselling
- Anger management
- Coping with change
- Stress management
Where face to face counselling is not practical for the client, counselling may be provided via telephone or Skype where appropriate.